World-Class Cancer Screening in Bakersfield
An imaging study can help your oncologist to find your cancer, plan your treatment, measure how well your treatment is working and ensure that your cancer isn't coming back. Every test has information your doctor needs to help you combat your cancer and recover from it.
It's reasonable then that you would want the best equipment—run by the most professional radiologists—for all of your tests. And you can get that through Quest Imaging at The AIS Cancer Center at San Joaquin Community Hospital (SJCH).
Skilled Cancer Imaging Professionals
Your radiologist is a key part of your cancer team. He or she will work closely with your oncologist to help select the right test at the right time. Your radiologist also runs the complicated equipment that makes images for your doctor. It's important to work with a professional.
At Quest Imaging, all of our radiologists are certified by the American Board of Radiology. That means your radiologist will have the knowledge and expertise to do your test the right way—the very first time.
Comprehensive Cancer Imaging Tests
We have invested in top-of-the-line imaging equipment to help your doctor understand where your cancer is and how it should be treated. We offer:
- 3D mammography. Our machines produce a 3D image of your breast tissue in 1mm slices, which helps your doctor to make a clear diagnosis. We are the only option for 3D mammography in Kern County.
- CT, or CAT, scans. Our machines are smart. The amount of radiation you'll be exposed to is automatically reduced based on the machine's assessment of your body type. The 64-slice capability of this machine provides your doctor with clear images of your internal body structure.
- MRI. Our 3 Tesla MRI machine does not expose you to radiation, but it does provide extremely detailed pictures of the inside of your body. That could help your doctor or surgeon to differentiate healthy tissues from cancerous cells.
- Nuclear medicine. We use a tiny bit of radioactive substances and a special camera to see inside your body with this test. It's a very complicated and very precise test.
- PET/CT hybrid scanner. This state-of-the-art machine provides high-definition images of your body's key functions. It's fast, and its open design is accessible to almost all body types. Tests using this machine come with a low dose of radiation too.
Cancer Tests That Save You Time
We use all-digital technology at Quest Imaging. That means we don't need to wait for film to cure, and your doctor doesn't need to wait to see the images after your test. As soon as your test is done, the images will be up and ready to go. Your oncologist can view them or even share them with the rest of your cancer team, all with the push of a button.
Digital screening also means shorter appointments for you. The machines are much quicker than conventional models, and your radiologist will be able to check the results while you wait, so you won't have to come back for another appointment due to a missed opportunity.
A Difference You'll Notice
When you walk into the Quest Imaging center, you'll see the difference. Our facility is beautifully decorated with spa-like amenities available. We also offer extended hours for your convenience.
We also know that cancer is personal. We respect your privacy. You'll meet your radiologist in a private consultation room. You won't have to discuss your cancer, your symptoms or your treatment plan in front of other people. You can speak freely in a private room with just the two of you.
Schedule a Cancer Imaging Test
To make an appointment, contact us at 661.633.5001. We would love to serve you.